Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Personalization

Today we touched a bit on personalization on websites. I think it is a great marketing promotion idea. I am going on a cruise for spring break and every time I sign on the website it gives me a count down until the trip. This not only increases my enthusiasm about the trip, but it also results in my logging in to the site as often as I can to get my countdown for the day. If the cruise company is attempting to get more hits on their site by utilizing this tactic it has certainly worked for me.

1 comment:

cfusco25 said...

I definitely agree with your comments on the personalization of websites for Marketing. I agree that it increases the enthusiasm of the consumer for that particular product or service. Another example I can think of about the ticker countdown is in several sporting events. On NFL.COM, in attempt to increase awareness of the NFL network, they had a countdown to the thanksgiving kickoff. Other leagues such as Major league baseball and the National Basketball association utilize this marketing strategy as well.